Friday, July 6, 2012

"Go into all the world..." Mark 16:15


In each life, there are events that shape our character and truly teach lessons that become part of us. In the summer of 2002, I was afforded the opportunity to work with the growing churches in Jamaica for the first time. It was an experience that taught me how God has truly blessed me, and that I am obligated to share His love with others. It's hard to believe that July is here again already, and that I will be leaving this morning to meet up with our group once again in the country I've come to love so dearly.  I want to encourage everyone to check back here for updates throughout the trip on the work we're doing.

I never know where we will have to go to have internet access until we get there, but I will update as much as possible.  Please take a second to check the site occasionally or simply send us a note - it's so encouraging to hear from our friends back home. You can either leave comments here or send an email to reachingjamaica@gmail.com. We will read the notes each evening after our devotional.

Please pray that those we study with will be receptive to God's word, and that the children will grow from the things we teach them. This year we are studying:
1.) Love - The woman who washed Jesus' feet with her hair.  Luke 7:38
2.) Kindness - The Good Samaritan.  Luke 10:25
3.) Faithfulness - Peter walking on the water.  Matthew 14:22
4.) Fearfully & Wonderfully Made.  Psalm 139

Discipleship is the cornerstone of Christianity. As disciples, we are obligated to spread the good news not only to those which it is convenient, but to everyone. I look forward to using this blog to report our experiences over the next two weeks. Words cannot express my excitement to once again see my brothers and sisters in Jamaica and pick up where I left off. We are so fortunate, and I know that my life has an abundance of distractions. Being in Jamaica helps me to realize all of the blessings that surround us each day. Open your eyes -- God is everywhere!

Love, Love, Love you all!

Please keep our safety and effectiveness in your prayers,

Sarah :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing it's Friday evening and that most of the crew is together! I have been praying throughout the day that you all are safe and that God uses you for His glory.
    Loyd, I miss listening to your devos! Esther and Cindy, less talking, more working! Just kidding! ;) Miss you ALL!!!

    Can't wait to read more posts! Thanks for keeping us updated, Sarah (& Sophie)! Love to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete