Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"Go into all the world..." -Mark 16:15

In each life, there are events that shape our character and truly teach lessons that become part of us. In the summer of 2002, I was afforded the opportunity to work with the growing churches in Jamaica for the first time. It was an experience that taught me how God has truly blessed me, and that I am obligated to share His love with others. It's hard to believe that July is here already, and that I will be leaving bright and early Friday morning to meet up with the group once again in the country I've come to love so dearly. I want to encourage everyone to check back here for updates throughout the trip on the work we're doing.

Because we are spending the first week in Savanna La Mar, there will probably not be many updates until our second week when we have better access to the internet in Montego Bay....... but please take a second to check the site or simply send us a note - it's so encouraging to hear from our friends back home. You can either leave comments here or send an email to reachingjamaica@gmail.com. We will read the notes each evening after our devotional.

Please pray that those we study with will be receptive to God's word, and that the children will grow from the things we teach them. This year we are studying:
1.) Balaam & the Donkey (Honesty)
2.) Gideon's 300 (Trusting in God/Teamwork)
3.) Elijah vs Baal's prophets (Faith & Standing up for what is right)
4.) Ezekiel and the Dry Bones (Thankfulness/ God gives life)

Discipleship is the cornerstone of Christianity. As disciples, we are obligated to spread the good news not only to those which it is convenient, but to everyone. We look forward to using this blog to report our experiences over the next two weeks. Words cannot express my excitement to once again see my brothers and sisters in Jamaica and pick up where I left off. We are so fortunate, and I know that my life has an abundance of distractions. Being in Jamaica helps me to realize all of the blessings that surround us each day. Open your eyes -- God is everywhere!

Love, Love, Love you all!

Please keep our safety and success in your prayers,

Sarah :)



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried as I read this post. I'm so excited for y'all and have been praying for the success of the trip and for safe journeys! I wish so much that I was there with y'all. I miss everyone so much! Even though I can't be there in person this year I am there in spirit, thinking about you all every single day! I can't wait to hear good news from Jamaica! Much love to you all,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great trip! thanks for making a difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are there safely. We will be praying for the whole group, you and "pancake". Loved this list of everyone who is there. Awesome that Esther is there! Take care

    ReplyDelete